Sunday, November 2, 2008

various tidbits


So, I continued with Jazzercise this week and went 5 times. I skipped Wednesday and today (Sunday). I feel a real difference in my body, but can't see anything yet. I know it's too soon. Just trying to keep on keepin' on. Stick with it. Get somewhere. Change my body. But I also know I need to stop eating crap, like my daughters' Halloween candy. Ugh!


The walls are all in/done at the new house. Hardwoods will be installed late this week in conjunction with the trim carpenters' work on crown molding, shelves, etc....and we've been experimenting with paint colors. Dan threw many colors up on the walls in several rooms. It's so crazy how a color swatch looks one way, but when you put it up on a wall in a house, it can be completely different----and then different again depending on the light (or lack thereof) in the room. Very frustrating at times. Ultimately we're going to put some colors in a few rooms (living room, dining room, girls' room, and maybe ours) and then the rest of the house will be a very neutral color. We can always repaint later. Too much to do each room a different color, and we want the house to flow since it's got a very open feel to it.


Halloween was fun and the girls had a blast trick-or-treating. Well, Abby got crabby towards the end, but that was no surprise. Izzy was too cute....we'd go to the door and when someone opened it, I'd prompt her a bit and she'd yell, " HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" Everyone laughed, and then I'd whisper to her, "No, you're supposed to say 'trick or treat', silly!" The girls fought over who got to ring the doorbell at every house. They were exhausted when we got home. Much to my surprise & delight, they wore their hats for a while that night (at a previous Halloween party they wore the dresses but refused to don their hats). Izzy made friends with Howie, the schnoodle who lives next door. It was hard to get her to leave!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner