Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dirty Little Secrets from Otherwise Perfect Moms

If you haven't heard of or read this book by Trisha Ashworth and Amy Nobile, you haven't lived. It's beyond hilarious, and so true. These friends interviewed hundreds of real-life moms who dished on all their secrets of getting by. Some of my favorites:

"I had to use my toddler's potty chair on the side of the road when I was stuck in traffic. I just couldn't hold it."

"I skip whole chunks of my daughter's bedtime stories. Poor thing can't tell the difference."

"Last night I wanted to read my book so I let my three- and five-year-olds watch reruns of Roseanne."

"When I'm at Safeway I buy a Nordstrom gift card and charge it with the groceries. I can justify it that way."

"My rule is a beer at lunch, wine at 5. Wine at lunch feels like I have a "problem," but beer just seems okay."

"Some nights when my husband and I go to bed, I roll over and "play dead." All I can think is, "I just can't handle it if one more person pokes me today."

"Note to husband: Dinner? Don't even ask. There is no dinner. There will never be dinner. Just stop coming home hungry. Unless you have a plan, there will be no plan. And by the way, I'M HUNGRY, TOO!"

"My kids yell because I yell at them."

"I do my son's homework just so we can get through it faster. I grab his pencil and he just looks at me like I've lost my mind."

"I had to lock myself in my car to make a conference call while my kids screamed and banged on the window outside."

"I look at every mother and assume they're much better mothers than I am."

"The one thing I wish I had is a wife."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner