Tuesday, June 23, 2009

braggin'

I just wanted to brag a bit about my latest green effort (that I've blogged about before).

I recently registered with http://www.terracycle.net/ to start my own Juice Pouch Brigade recycling program. Yesterday I received my official "welcome packet" with my shipping supplies. Basically, I collect empty Capri Sun/Kool Aid/Honest Kids juice/drink pouches and ship them to Terracycle for recycling/repurposing. They supply me with UPS mailing envelopes and prepaid postage labels, so I can just send them in whenever I'm ready. Once I've used up all of my envelopes, they'll replenish my supply. I just filled my first envelope with 272 empty drink pouches--woohoo!!!! I am going to drop it off at UPS this afternoon.

Every little bit helps. I truly believe this. That is 272 fewer pouches sitting in our landfills.

I was thinking about making some fliers to drop in my neighbors' mailboxes, but I haven't drawn anything up yet. The more I can collect the better. I love being green, and this is a good way to help me feel like I'm making a difference. A big thank you/shout out to my girlfriends who are saving their kids' pouches and passing them along to me!!!!! Now I just need more people to hop on board and help me collect more pouches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner