Monday, January 17, 2011

Blasphemy

This needs to stop.  My two worlds cannot collide.  Fashion cannot venture into the world of 80's heavy metal.  It simply cannot.

Miley Cyrus

Bitch, puh-lease.  I would wager my entire Iron Maiden vinyl collection that ol' Hannah Montana here couldn't name me one song.   


Demi Lovato
This is the hardest one for me to stomach and I don't think it's a coincidence that she was born the year glam/hair metal died.  But at least she's been to rehab, giving her something in common with the genre. 


Megan Fox
It's common knowledge that Dave Mustaine is a bit of an arse and this could well be his comeuppance - way to lose your metal cred.   Lars Ulrich probably paid her.


Nick Lachey
An all-singing, all-dancing boy-band member in an Acca Dacca shirt.  Bon Scott would be rolling over in his grave.

And these are only a few examples, but they are everywhere - I've also seen Jess Hart in Def Leppard, Mischa Barton in Judas Priest and Zac Efron in Van Halen.  It's the ultimate in blasphemy and it really has to stop, otherwise where do we go from here?

Posh Spice front row at Anthrax? 
Gwyneth dating Lemmy?  
Oprah on Rock of Love?   

I REPEAT.  THIS.HAS.TO.STOP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner