Tuesday, February 3, 2009

call me a stickler if you will, but....

I think it's insane that a popular clothing chain like American Eagle could let something like this be printed on a t-shirt. This has to be the most elementary of grammar lessons, one we all learned in probably 2nd grade---the difference between "you're" and "your." If you don't know it, SHAME ON YOU. It's that simple----an apostrophe takes the place of a letter that is missing:

you're = you are, i.e. "You're the best friend I ever had," or "You're a dork."
your = denotes possession, i.e. "your shirt is dirty," or "your dog is cute."

Look at this item and tell me what you see. And they're selling it for $19.50. Who let this one sneak by? It didn't even sneak---this is glaring. I'd crawl under a rock if I'd been the one responsible for this. I'm also quite certain it doesn't come down to any one person, but society as a whole. People in this country don't even know the proper rules of their native language. It saddens and scares me.

Go to:
http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90042&productId=1305_3175

Hit the "View Larger" button once the item pops up. Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner