Monday, February 16, 2009

a quick note

Just a quick update...

I went to Memphis over the weekend for Christy's baby shower and had a great time. It was such a relaxing weekend and couldn't have come at a more perfect time---right before our move when I was/am super stressed! Christy's parents welcomed me into their lovely home and treated me like family, which was so sweet. I woke up on Saturday morning and found a Valentine's Day card with my name on it, along with a box of Ghirardelli chocolates! Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Jones! I got to hang out and have lots of girl time with Christy and Whitley; and Christy's sister-in-law, Ashley, threw a beautiful shower, complete with yummy snacks and punch. Did I mention Ashley is a new mom herself? I don't know how she did it all---her darling daughter Tanner is only 3 months old, and as cute as a button. I wanted to hold her soooo badly, but she screamed anytime anyone besides her mama and daddy held her. Oh well. Maybe next time?

And now, the countdown is on. We're moving into the new house on Friday (as in THIS Friday, the 20th). Not sure when our internet gets cut off or when I'll have to surrender my computer, but regardless you may not hear much from me for the next week or two. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner