Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today in Jazzercise...

This afternoon I went to Jazzercise. I keep promising myself I'll go more often, but there have been too many excuses of late. I need to get over it, get off my bum, and just make every effort to get there more than 3 times a week, which has been my average for a looooong time.

Anyway, I started chatting with one of my idols while we were waiting for class to begin. I don't know any of my idols very well, as I am usually too self conscious to start any conversations. This chic has a rockin' bod. She has kids, too, and I'd guess she's around my age, maybe a few years older. Her ass doesn't jiggle, her thighs are long and lean, and obviously there's no muffin top to speak of. She told me I looked good. I think I instantly turned 20 shades of purple and told her I'd been meaning to make it to class more often, but we just moved, etc...and she confessed that she probably goes to class too much. I admitted that she's one of those people I'm always ogling (sp?) and wondering if I will ever look like her/them? I think I need to pay it forward with this and tell other people how awesome they look, because if there was ever a time I needed to hear something nice about myself from some random/anonymous person with no ulterior motive, it's now.

I really wonder what I could look like if I went to class more like 4-5 times a week...we have a wedding to go to in Atlanta in early May, so perhaps that's incentive. And once winter is really over (ahem, snow in the forecast again this weekend, wtf?!?) I intend to resume running. Not sure how often or how much, but thinking in conjunction with the Jazzercise it will be really good.

When I'm jumping around in Jazzercise I can feel so many parts of myself jiggling. Yuck. I always stand in the back row so no one can watch this. And as I stare at the other girls who look so amazing, I always wonder what it really takes to look like them, whether it's attainable or even realistic? I also wonder what they eat and if they diet at all. I think if you are working out 4-5 times a week, you can probably eat more of what you want (within reason, I clearly don't mean McDonald's and ice cream) and not worry so much. I have never been good at denying myself or curbing cravings. I love food too much. Just call me "Hoover."

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner