Friday, February 26, 2010

Inspiring Snippets, or, Something I Wish I'd Written Myself So You'd Think I Was Awesome

I'm taking a class this spring at the JCC that's called "Foundations of Jewish Family Living." I know, I know, don't start groaning. Our teacher is phenomenal and every Wednesday we get lots of inspiring material. Last week we got a handout with various quotes and blurbs on it and I wanted to share this one in particular:

Kavanah (which means "intention")

I love to change the world,
   but I rarely appreciate things as they are.
I know how to give,
   but I don't always know how to receive.
I know how to keep busy,
   but I don't know how to be still.
I talk, but I don't often listen.
I look, but I don't often see.
I yearn to succeed,
   but I often forget what is truly important.
Teach me, God, to slow down.
May my resting revive me.
May it lead me to wisdom, to holiness,
   to peace and to You.

---Rabbi Naomi Levy, from To Begin Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner