Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the girls

The girls continue to amaze me.

Last night as we were preparing for bed time, we told them they could each choose some books to read. they can't reach the shelf, so they point to which ones they want. Goodnight Moon is a regular request and they know it by heart and ask for it by name; however, last night, Abby pointed to a yellow one (normally how they request a book---by its color or some pictures that are on the cover), and said, "I want Birthday Monsters, Mommy." I was speechless. This is one of many Sandra Boynton books we have, but one we don't read very often. And still she knew the title. Then Izzy piped up, "Mommy, I want Barnyard Dance!"

I had no idea. either they've known the titles for a while and just never bothered to use/ask for them, or they're just starting to figure it all out. either way, I'm very impressed. We are working on teaching them their middle names----they each know their own first and last names, as well as mommy and daddy's names....and they know their birthday. So cool to see their little minds working....how it's all falling into place so quickly. Abby's completely potty trained. Wish I could say the same for her sister, but each in her own time, right?

We are very excited for PopPop and NaNa's visit this weekend. My dad and Kory haven't seen the girls since January....I'm eager to show them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner