Sunday, November 9, 2008

I suck.

Sort of a long explanation that I don't feel like typing out at this moment, but basically I backed into Dan's car today. Fortunately it wasn't the Porsche. But he is not very happy with me and insists that the repairs will cost "thousands of dollars." I am hesitant to buy into this, but then again I don't have much experience with car parts/repairs/prices. I was backing out of the garage at the time, and his car was in the driveway directly behind me. So it wasn't as if I was going even 10 mph at the time. There are some dented spots that I think could be popped out, but there is a tiny scratch that went through the paint. So D says the whole door will have to be repainted/replaced.

I feel like shit even though this is really payback of sorts. When we lived in NOLA several years ago, HE backed into MY car, which was parked just behind his in the driveway. We took it over to one of those X-A-Dent places and they popped it out, and it wasn't a big deal at all. I suppose this is different, but nevertheless proves that accidents do happen and my number was up.....it just f##$ing sucks.

To add insult to injury, our handyman never showed up this weekend to help with fall leaf cleanup (we have to do a really big cleanup 2-3 times each fall season and sometimes enlist the help of others b/c with 5 large oaks and a big yard, it's a BIG job). The yard was out of control and I really didn't want to let it go any more, and it's supposed to start raining tomorrow. So I went out there and raked about 30 bags of leaves over 2 hours (55-gallon bags). I am paying for it now with blisters on my palms and aching shoulders and back. Penance for my transgression earlier today, I suppose. Anyway, you can't even tell I did much unless you see the 30 bags of trash at the curb. My garbage men will be thrilled on Wednesday.

I have a headache. I think tonight calls for an early bedtime.

Please pray that my husband's estimate on the car repairs is wrong. We may not know for a while as we're not in a hurry to fix it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner