Sunday, May 17, 2009

Okay, will someone please explain the in-sync poopage?

Okay, why didn't the pediatrician warn me that my twin girls would often need to poop at exactly the same time?

Today, for example. They were eating lunch at the island in the kitchen while I was working on the turkey lasagna we're going to have for dinner tonight (in-laws are coming over). Lots of different things on the stove, right? Suddenly Abby spills her glass of milk. I order her up to her room (we have a bad habit of playing around and spillage is rarely accidental) and begin cleaning up that mess. Izzy announces she's done with her lunch and asks me if she can poop. Why she asks me I'll never understand---just go get on the toilet, child!!!! So she does. I'm mopping up the floor and Izzy calls, "Mooooooommyyyyy, I'm ready to wiiiiiiiiiipe," and I comply. We wash hands together and I return to the kitchen to check on the lasagna noodles, which are boiling on the stove top, and give them a quick stir. I think I hear Abby screaming from upstairs, so I go to the hallway and listen. Sure enough, it's another, "Moooooooommmmmyyyy, I'm ready to wiiiiiiiiiiiipe," and up the stairs I go. We wash hands together and I race back downstairs but not quickly enough---the pasta water has boiled over and made a mess. Oh, and the dog is whining at the front door because he needs to go out.

And did I mentioned before this all happened we'd gone grocery shopping and Abby had a meltdown in store. We came home to play outside for a bit, and nothing made her happy there, either. That's when we went inside to have lunch.

They are napping now, but I am dreading wake up time.

In other news, I officially registered with http://www.terracycle.net/ today to begin my own juice pouch recycling brigade. If you are reading this and you live in KC, I'd love to take your empty juice pouches and put them to good use!!! I am going to see if I can put up a flyer at the girls' school and maybe one at Jazzercise. I've recruited a few friends and am going to chat with my new neighbors as well. My kids don't drink juice, but they do drink the Capri Sun Roarin' Waters (flavored water). Terracycle will take Capri Sun, Honest Kids, and Kool Aid pouches (note: not juice boxes). There's no rush since I have to accumulate 100 pouches before I can mail them in.

Anyway, I guess that's about it. It's a beautiful day here and I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner