Saturday, July 11, 2009

the big day

The big day will be Friday, August 7. I'm going to have my hernia fixed...I've lined up a sitter for the weekend since we don't yet know Dan's call schedule and I don't know how I'll be feeling. Based on my surgical history (including a c-section) I am thinking it won't be that big of a deal, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. And in case I'm taking pain pills, the sitter will ferry the girls to and from school for me as needed. Just going to have to get to that point and see how I feel and what I'm up to doing.

In other news, the girls' swimming lessons are going well. We're taking two lessons a week, and our lovely neighbors next door have graciously invited us to share lessons with them in their pool. Both Abby and Izzy are going underwater and getting completely submerged, but are not self-sufficient yet. We have a few more weeks left and I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Rome wasn't built in a day, after all.

I'm trying to summon the energy to get my lazy butt to Jazzercise this morning. My friend Meg keeps poking fun at me for going. She said she pictures me with a bunch of old ladies. I told her nothing could be further from the truth. While there is the occasional older person, most of the women there are other moms like me....I warned her if she continues to make fun of me, I'll have to kidnap her and force her to go with me sometime! I really love the work out, and it's truly a total body thing. Every muscle group gets worked. There's stretching, cardio, weights, abs, etc...and each class is an hour. I try to go 4-5 times per week, but that doesn't always happen (like this week was only 3x). On that note, I must go don my Jazzercise attire and eat some breakfast.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner