Friday, July 17, 2009

this makes it all worth it...


While I completely resent having to do all the dishes after slaving away all day on Shabbat dinner (including homemade challah and dessert!), somehow this makes it all worth it. Love the peaceful glow....


Go ahead and laugh at me. But because I wasn't raised in a Jewish household (but am Jewish by birth), I missed out on a lot of things, Shabbat being one of them. I love teaching my girls the prayers and lighting the candles and seeing their excitement, even though they don't yet truly grasp the meaning of it. And tonight we shared Shabbat dinner with friends, which makes it even sweeter. My chicken didn't turn out all that great (slightly overcooked), but everything else was alright.

Now what to do about these dishpan hands??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner