Friday, May 21, 2010

For Daffy

Carpe diem.
Seize the day, live in the moment.
Appreciate your friends, your family, your pets.
Every breath you take is a precious gift.

Every moment ahead of you is just waiting to be unwrapped.
Don't waste time with frivolous or petty things.
Tell the people you love how much they mean to you.
Don't wait. Do it now.
Say "I love you" with gusto. Give good hugs. Hold on tight.

I always wanted a sister but I never had one.
My friend Daffy is losing hers. It's not fair.
My heart is breaking although I was never lucky enough to get to meet Big Sis.

I have two younger brothers.
I can't imagine what it would be like to lose one of them.
I don't know what Daffy is going through,
But she is strong---one of the strongest, most incredible people I know.
She may bend, but she is unbreakable.

Daffy, you are not alone.
There are a thousand hearts lifting you up, wrapping you in loving whispers.
We are here to hold you and keep you safe.
We are your friends.
We love you dearly, more than simple written words can express.
I love you.
I am blessed to know you and to be able to call you my friend.

My thoughts and prayers remain with you, Big Sis, and your whole family.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner