Monday, May 3, 2010

Introducing Our New Green Stamp of Approval, or, A Fun Button I Know You'll Want to Use in Your Own GREEN Post!

Deb over at Menopausal New Mom and I have been getting our GREEN on a lot lately, and Deb decided we should make our features a semi-regular thing. Lee of Road Trips For Wine and  Observe and Distort was kind enough to design this cute little button just for us. So from now on whenever you see it, you'll know a product, idea, or company, etc. has our official Green Stamp of Approval and you can trust that we've already done the homework for you. Should you decide to do your own green post, please feel free to nab this button and link up with us! Already Tracie over at Stir-Fry Awesomeness has done her green deed du jour. Please head over to her place to see her gettin' all Martha Stewart what she's been up to. Deb over at Menopausal New Mom has gone green by giving new life to old items, so head over there for her practical and easy green tips.

This weekend the girls and I went GREEN by perusing a local farmer's market on Saturday morning, where we scored some homemade rhubarb and strawberry preserves, pasta, arugula, and raw honey, among other things.


(for those of you in KC, we visited the Old Overland Park Farmer's Market at 80th & Metcalf)

It's GREEN to shop local and support nearby farmers. The produce is fresher since it's bypassing the grocery store, and therefore it lasts longer. Straight to you from the farm. I was quite pleased to see it was crowded (we don't often go, but I intend to make this a habit and teach my girls as we go along) and I lingered as long as the girls would allow me. Afterwards we made a quick stop at Whole Foods (another thing I'm making a habit of)---oh how I love that store! I used the arugula in a salad with some pears, pecans, and parmesan cheese. It was delightful! I broiled salmon to go with the spinach lemon herb pasta---delish! It feels incredible to eat things that are so fresh, natural, and good for us.

Later we passed something that brought a huge smile to my face--our local Ripple Glass collection dumpster. It was overflowing! I got about 12 kinds of verklempt and had to stop for the photo op. Here in KC, our recycling crews will not take our glass from the curb due to the danger involved--which means many people are just throwing it in their garbage cans. Fortunately Ripple Glass has given us a solution. They have set up these big purple beauties everywhere (read: you have no excuse, everyone can find one that's convenient) and you can drop your empty wine beer glass bottles, jars, etc.off there.

(for those in KC, this is the location in Corinth at 83rd & Mission, but there are many others!)

Have you done something GREEN lately that warrants borrowing our awesome button? Let us know! Better yet, write your own post about it and link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner