Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pouring My Heart Out : Mission Monkey

Today I am Pouring My Heart Out along with Shell over at Things I Can't Say. For more infomation or to join in, please go HERE.

I have been known to throw myself a pity party every so often where I wallow, wail, and expect everyone to join me. There was the time in sixth grade when I waged war against the Queen Bees, lost terribly, and was thenceforth relegated to the Worthless Wannabes; there was the time in eighth grade when I liked a boy who surprisingly didn't return my overbearing affections; there was the time in tenth grade when I didn't get into National Dork Honor Society (I got in the following year, however). And when I was 15, my dad revealed he was as queer as the day is long gay, moved out, and my parents got divorced: a triple header. That pity party lasted quite some time.

Once I finally got off Prozac I was off to college, where it didn't take long before I was back at it: Bid Day, 1994. I didn't get into the sorority I wanted. BOO freakin' HOO. To add insult to injury, there was nary an "A" in any English class I took (my major, I'm afraid).

Then I met the love of my life and we got married. YAY!
We tried to have kids & learned I have lazy ovaries. BOO! (commence pity party)
After our 2nd IVF attempt, we conceived & learned we were expecting twins. YAY!
Morning sickness set in quickly without warning. BOO! (pity party in bed all day)
Twins were born-- perfect, healthy girls. YAY!
I was home alone with them all day every day & I sucked at breastfeeding. BOO! (pity party with endless tears)

Even recently I've continued my pathetic pity party tradition. I had radiation treatment for my hyperthyroidism (Graves' Disease) and had to completely isolate myself in the basement for four days. BOO!

Last summer I had a hernia and surgery repaired it. But it's back. One of our girls also has one and it has to be fixed as well. Double hernia BOO!

I've had enough of my damn pity parties. I feel like a complete chump. There is nothing so serious or terrible in my life right now, and there's certainly nothing I can't handle or fix. We all have obstacles and bumps in the road, but there are much bigger fish to fry and we must maintain proper perspective. A prime example is Michelle, my bloggy friend, who has recently learned her little girl has Neuroblastoma. Go here and here to read more about it. I don't know about you, but I can't imagine what this would be like. I want to do everything I can to help spread the word. I am keeping Monkey, Michelle, and the entire family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure it would mean a lot to her if you went over there to say hello and let her know you are thinking about her.

Please visit Ian over at The Daily Dose of Reality for ways to contribute to the cause. Here's the thing---this could be my kid, your kid, or your best friend's kid.

Click on Monkey to donate...please help!




Look at this precious little face and for a moment close your eyes and imagine it's your baby. What would you do? How would you feel? And wouldn't you want everyone to help? I have 400+ followers. If each of you donated just $1 (by clicking on Monkey's picture), that would be over $400! I can't begin to imagine the financial, emotional, and physical weights upon Michelle and her family right now. Let's pull together and do what we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner