Friday, July 23, 2010

Tickled Pink Today With Holly of 504 Main



I'm Tickled Pink to hitch a ride on Holly's coattails over at 504 Main again today. Her DIY projects are so inspiring (yet completely out of my league), and I will never forget her chicks on a stick or her hubby's birthday chandelier---two of her signature crafts that always come to mind when I think of Holly. All the crafty classes in the world could never make me into the guru she is!

But I'm back to the green (mostly) today. I'm starting off with Four Paws Doggie Doo Bags. They are biodegradable with easy-tie handles. I'm sure there are many other brands, but these are what I've currently got.


Last weekend I was Tickled Pink to find this Avalon Organics Shampoo & Conditioner at Lee's house. It's made with tea tree oil, eucalytptus, rosemary and mint and smells DELISH! It left my hair soft and shiny. As soon as I got back to KC, I went to Whole Foods and got my own. I'm loving it!


Avalon Organics' Standards:
• No sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, or other harsh chemicals
• No parabens, harsh preservatives, or grapefruit seed extract
• No synthetic fragrances or colors
• pH balanced
• 100% vegetarian ingredients and no animal testing


My girls are loving their new Burt's Bees all-natural toothpaste! They are partial to the berry flavor. And if you didn't already guess, yes, this toothpaste is PINK.
Banana Republic's new Heritage Collection, which was launched earlier this spring, also has me Tickled Pink. All items in the line are crafted from organic cotton, bamboo, and soy-silk. Patagonia and American Apparel are also companies known for offering eco-friendly clothing options. Patagonia even recycles their clothing through their Common Threads program.

Nike Tickles me Pink because they've initiated Reuse A Shoe, a program that recycles any brand of old athletic shoes. If you are a serious Jazzerciser runner or 30-Day Shredder, you probably go through shoes pretty frequently, so this is an especially neat way to make something new out of something old.

On an entirely different note, my daughters' new mid-summer do's have me Tickled Pink. Take a look and tell me I'm not just biased:

My trip to Houston last weekend was amazingly fun. I hung out with Lee, Tracie, Traci of 38 & Growing, and Leiah of A Southern Belle Trying Not to Rust. Be sure to check out Leiah's Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe here! 38Traci already blogged about our Snarkler evening in the dark it's not what you're thinking. So did Stir-Fry Tracie, read all about that and her toaster oven here. Lee even indulged me and took us to Ruggles Green, which serves raw, vegan, and vegetarian fare. Nom nom nom!

Confession: I've never really had a girls' weekend before. I'm Tickled Pink that these snarky, fantastic women put up with me, included me, and made me feel like I am fun, funny even if I make peverted shaped challah when I'm drunk and best of all, loved. Years ago when I began blogging, I never dreamed I'd make real friends this way and even better, get to MEET them in real life. I hope to see my friends again soon, and perhaps go to a bloggy conference and meet new ones. I love my besties!



By now you know reusable bags Tickle me Pink. Fun ones are even better. Check out these series from Envirosax. Don't they just beg you to GO GREEN?!! They hold up to 44 pounds. Don't even try to tell me your craptastic plastic can do better. Be sure to search Google for the best deals on them!

Also, I am sort of a snob about my books. I prefer them new. I loathe germs. But my desire to be green has outweighed my fear and I now shop frequently at Half Price Books. I spent $60 this week and came away with new vegetarian cookbooks, fiction for me, and several classics for the girls. All in beautiful condition, barely/gently used, and therefore saving trees and green in more ways than one!
Two last things that have me Tickled Pink: Honest Tea and Honest Kids. I love the Pearfect White Tea and my kids love the Berry Berry Good Lemonade (and it's PINK). Of course I recycle my glass tea bottles and I send the girls' juice pouches to Terracycle, so it's all good and green.

What tickles you pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner