Monday, April 5, 2010

One of my favorite breakfasts, or, I'm a total grouch if I don't eat something in the morning.

**My good friend Alyssa over at Bloggin 2 Noggin just did a hilarious post about last week's antics. Go read it. And I promise not to say anymore about the matter.**

Recently Jenny Mac over at Let's Have a Cocktail told me about the protein shakes she makes for breakfast using EAS Premium Protein Powder from Costco. Most mornings in my failing quest to be a skinny supermodel I cut up a banana, slice a few strawberries and sometimes my finger, and sprinkle a few blueberries into my blender. I add 10 ounces of skim milk and 2 scoops of the chocolate protein powder. Et voila--breakfast, especially filling and good for on-the-go since I am a failure and we are constantly rushing to get out the door on time.

While I am enjoying these smoothies, I can't have them every day because I am a slacker and we run out of fresh fruit I get tired of the same old thing. And when I do, I turn to the one and only Martha Stewart. She's so perfect it should be illegal. I am a Martha Stewart Fail. But this one breakfast idea caught my eye because it's so easy even a monkey like me can make it , healthy, quick, and delicious. Folks, let me introduce you to my new lover: Whole Grain Toast With Yogurt and Pistachios.

(image courtesy of http://www.marthastewart.com/)



Ingredients:
2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt (I use the Fage brand)
2 slices whole-grain toast
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon shelled pistachios

Directions:

Spread nonfat Greek yogurt on whole-grain toast. Drizzle each slice with honey. Sprinkle each with shelled pistachios. Serve immediately.
 
Thank you, Martha Stewart! I love this breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner