Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm Tickled Pink to have Francis taking over my blog today!


Today I'm TICKLED PINK to let Francis take over my blog! I met her on Twitter (she's @hipcop) a while ago, and my life hasn't been the same since. She is consistently kind, generous, and full of compliments for everyone. She was in the navy for several years and is now a SAHM who loves running, nature, and John Grisham. Her blog, This Inspires Me, is a treat, and every time I stop by to read, it makes me feel good. So let's roll out the red carpet and give Francis the warm welcome she deserves!

Francis & her husband in Maui

Hi! My name is Francis Anderson and I am SO honored to be invading "The Mother Load." I am a proud and happy stay-at-home-mom to two gorgeous boys. My loving husband Rob puts up with me (I mean loves me) and encourages me in all I do! I live in Texas ;)

When did you start blogging and why?

I began blogging in March of this year. I was motivated to get my blog running to enter a Mabel Label's contest that I didn't win! My blog theme is inspiration and I blog about people and events that inspire me. I blog because I love people. I love hearing about personal journeys, successes, and amazing individual efforts. I love to learn.

What advice do you have for bloggers?

I learn from my mistakes. I am not a writer but I am having fun. Following a lot of different blogs has also taught me to not limit my content. Don't be afraid to try something new.

What has and hasn't worked for you?

What has worked for me is getting involved in the blogging community. I only use 'Twitter' and devote a lot of time promoting my blog there. I am always looking for blogs to read and comment on. I love leaving comments that spark conversation and get the bloggers to respond to me!

What hasn't worked for me is patience! I just assumed if I did a blog everyone would love it! ;) Not sure why I'm not super successful (kidding)! I'm too new and just learning as I go.

A funny story you would tell me if I met you.

I was in the Navy. I have always loved risk and adventure. I outdid myself one day by diving off the side of the ship during swim call. With 300 people watching I landed the worst belly flop ever that still hurts when I think about it! My belly is permanently red!

When you get writer's block how do you snap out of it?

I read. I visit the library, blogs, and I Google interesting words. I change the radio station in the car to see if a song will inspire me to write. I look up a calender in Google to see what events in history happened during this time.

What inspires you?

People. I love how we are all different and have our own stories. We can learn a lot from each other.

What is the BEST advice you ever received?

Life is what you make of it. I learned this in the Navy during a depressing day. I have never forgotten those words.

What crazy memory makes you laugh?

I was camping with my boyfriend (now husband) in Sedona when we heard footsteps in the dark and thought we were getting attacked by a bear. He valiantly looked me in the eyes and said "I love you" very "Brave Heart" style with a log in his hand ready to fight the bear. It turned out to be a cow! Still makes me laugh 11 years later!

I met Erin and fell in love with her blog. She has been supportive, encouraging, and very fun to follow! I am a huge fan of her and her blog. Thanks Erin!

Ways to follow me:

I blog here: http://thisinspires.me/

Follow me on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/hipcop

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner