Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - prompt

Mama Kat is hosting her Writer's Workshop today. Check it out! Today will be my first time participating. One of her prompts was to:

4.)Share a diary entry from when you were 13...feel free to make one up!(inspired via twitter by @EricaVoll from I'm Still Fabulous)

Background: on this particular day, I wrote a letter to the object of my affections (never intending to give it to him, obviously). It is not dated exactly, but it is from late October or early November of 1989:
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,

I love you so much. I don't mean just a stupid junior-high school crush or anything like that. I mean TRUE LOVE!

Also I would just like to tell you that unless you like me back (crazy, I know), please don't pull my hair or call me or ask to borrow my Algebra book.

Every time you tap me on the shoulder or pull my hair or hide my purse, I just happen to think that maybe, possibly you could like me back just a teensy weensy bit. Maybe I'm wrong, though. I can feel it. It just seems impossible that my biggest dream ever would really come true.

I hope this letter doesn't ruin the relationship I know we have--and that is FRIENDS. I hope you feel the same way.

You know what? I cry sometimes. Because I feel like you like Jamie Smith and Jessica Jackson. Maybe you do or maybe you don't. I don't know.

I dream about you all of the time. I hope you know what I think of you. If you don't, here goes: you are extremely intelligent, you are very nice, you are very cute and you are sensitive to other people's feelings.

I will love you forever. I want to marry you someday.

Love,
Erin B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner