Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blog Housekeeping or Why noreply.com gets you NO REPLY!

I love blogging, but there are a few things that frustrate me, so I'm going to tell you how to fix them in the words of two blog experts, Tami over at Hearts Make Families and Lee of Headaches, Hormones, & Hotflashes fame. They say it all so well that I'm not even going to bother.

Tami did a post last week and here's a brilliant excerpt:

I think I've been double taxing myself. I try to respond to every comment by email unless of course you have the no-reply blogger dot com that drives me nuts.


NO REPLY AT BLOGGER DOT COM

I hate it. I despise it. I want to respond to you all by email. I love responding by emails. I love talking to you all. I want to know about my readers. So I respond to every email I get. Until I see the hated "no reply at blogger dot com." To make it easy for you to remove it, I am going to post directions here for you:

Go to your Dashboard on Blogger.com. Hit your edit profile, right next to your picture, avatar or whatever else you have showing. Scroll down to the line that says : Show my email address and CHECK THE BOX. Hit save.

For those of you who do not want a regular email address to show, go to Gmail, Yahoo or any other number of places and get a FREE, yes FREE, email account and set it up.

WORD VERIFICATION


I hate hate this as well. I don't know why but my eyes do not do this well at all. Or I hit save and then close. Guess what happens? You don't get my comment and sometimes I don't realize. So I might have been commenting all along. Now to turn off this awful thing and to help all of your commenters' eyes, do the following:

Go to your Dashboard at blogger.com. Click on Settings, which is under the name of your blog. Click on Comments, which is on the top of the page. Scroll down until you see this: Show word verification for comments? Click the box that says NO. Click Save settings at the bottom of the page. Please do not leave this page until you have saved settings.

I am begging you to fix these things to help me get to know each of you even better in the future.
_______________________________________________________________________

Lee The Hotflash Queen wrote a post last October about the very same subjects:

**Disclosure. I am citing my own opinions and no other irritated bloggers encouraged or gave me sexual or monetary favors for the writing of this post. I am not responsible for any offended egos in the writing of this post.**


NO REPLY AT BLOGGER DOT COM
How I hate seeing this!! First of all, I can’t tell you how many times I have responded to comments from my email, because truly, some of the comments make me laugh so hard I snort, and then hit send only to realize that my email will be floating in never never land for eternity.

Where do these emails go?? Seriously. Where do they go??

I am not the type of gal who is going to respond to a comment in the post. I’m just not. I like to streamline. I like to hit reply on my email and then respond and hit send. Instead, I go to the respective blog to comment…which I do anyway…and then comment on the post they have written, thus not giving me an opportunity to respond to the numerous fabulous and hysterical comments I receive.

PEOPLE THIS MUST STOP! I am sure the blogger fairies are tired of trying to catch all my emails that are sent out there with no home!! So, I am going to teach you all how to change this, and I am going to do it in a way that there will be no more excuses!!
(end of excerpts/quotes)
and you can read on from there her explicit instructions....

Please please please, for the love of all that is bloggy, fix these things. It will make me more inclined to comment, reply, respond, etc.

THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner