Sunday, December 13, 2009

Home Alone Staring at Lots of Leftover Junk Food is Never a Good Thing, or Why My Ass is Big

The remnants of the girls' birthday cake are calling my name from the fridge. I'm home alone and I don't know how much longer I can hold out. That sweet, pillowy frosting. Oh no. The orgasmic chocolate cream filling in the middle. Oh my! The soft cake melting in my mouth like butta. Hellllllo, lover! It's rather unfortunate for my thighs that the little hooligans girls are more interested in their new loot than the leftover cake. It's pure gluttony. I can't help myself, I can't stop, aaaaack! ChompSlurpGulpSmack! And no amount of Jazzercise is going to cancel out the amount of cake I just consumed. Seriously, what is it with me & food? Why can't I be one of those girls who "forgets" to eat? Alas, it is just not meant to be. My love affair with food (and dessert in particular) is long and laced with sugar.


Abby & Izzy had a blast at their party. They fawned all over Funky Mama, who has been the bee's knees around here for several years now. They chattered so much Krista (Funky Mama's real first name) could barely get a word in edgewise. But Krista is a young mom herself, so she's not only used to it-- she thrives on it-- and kids are just naturally drawn to her. She is the cutest little thing I've ever seen and I couldn't have chosen a more positive & perfect role model for my kiddos!



There were a few kids who started out shy, but by the end everyone had warmed up and our basement became party central.




Now here's the rub. Funky Mama is releasing a new album in February. She will use some mommy blogs (a-hem, that would be someone like moi) to help get the word out. I'm trying not to get too excited, but she mentioned doing some giveaways via BlogLand. I will most definitely keep you posted because if you have young kiddos, you'll want to be in on this. So to get ready I want you to:

1.) Go check out Funky Mama's blog. Follow her.
2.) Go check out her site. Listen to clips of the songs. Heck, order a cd (they are $12 and so worth it) for yourself or for someone else as a gift!
3.) Become a Funky Mama Fan on Facebook.

That is all for now. More Hanukkah-related inspiration to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner