Monday, December 21, 2009

Not Me Monday




I am stealing from Good Girl Gone Redneck and MckMama. I'm not sure I'm going to do this right because this is my first effort.

It was surely not me who allowed my children to watch cartoons half the day on Saturday, as I was still recovering from the debacle that was Friday. It was also not me who let them skip a bath 2 nights in a row because I had zero energy and didn't feel like dealing with it. But it's winter time and it's not like they're that dirty. Or at least this is the lie I'm telling myself.

It is most definitely not me who is packing candy, gum, and other goodies for the plane ride tomorrow. It is certainly not me who is charging up the portable dvd player. We leave tomorrow for New Orleans (just me and the girls) to visit my family for a few days. I am not looking forward to the plane rides & layovers, but I am excited about having some free babysitters extra hands and grandparents who are excited to see Abby & Izzy.

It is not me who is suffering from some yucky upper respiratory bug causing me to hack up a lung and lose my voice. It is not me who is looking forward to bedtime so I can take the magic syrup hubby prescribed that knocks me into nocturnal bliss helps me sleep.

It is not me who just hauled my empty trash cans back in, then came inside to make a sammich without remembering to wash my hands first.

It is not me who has bailed out of Jazzercise 15 minutes early the last THREE times I've gone.

It is not me who can't fit into my pants. It is not my fault, it is my stupid endocrinologist's fault for lowering my dosage of Synthroid to make me fat.

It is not me who went shopping for other people yet came home with a few things for myself.

It is not me who tore through my copy of Precious by Sapphire, thinking to myself how lucky I am. It is not me who sobbed and snotted everywhere and guiltily realized that things can always be worse. Much, much worse.

And now, dear friends, I bid you farewell. If I don't commit suicide  have a nervous breakdown tomorrow en route to New Orleans, I shall see you again in BlogLand soon. It may or may not be until I return on Saturday. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner