Monday, June 21, 2010

Mom Sexy Prom 2010 with Mary Mommyologist!

Mary The Mommyologist has come up with the amazing concept of Bringing Mom Sexy Back. I've posted about bringing my own mom sexy back here. It's really struck a chord with me, which is why I jumped right on the bandwagon when she initiated the idea of Mom Sexy Prom. As mothers, many of us lose our mojo and get so wrapped up in the daily grind that we forget who we are, and who we were before we had kids. We're working with Mary Mommyologist to prove that we've still got "IT," and so here's my Mom Sexy Prom post...with a twist!

photo courtesy of Amazon.com


I sat there with Mary,
We sat there, we two,
And I said, "Why, can I
go to Mom Sexy Prom with you?"

So I took off my dirty t-shirt and jeans
And found a darling dress to don.
Added some makeup, jewelry, high heels--
It's time to get my Mom Sexy on!
"Have no fear!" said The Mother Load.
"I can wear this dainty dress.
And at the same time I can vacuum
And clean up this mess!"

"I can juggle phone calls
While I shine countertops.
I can cook a delicious dinner
Without wearing my flip-flops!"


"But that is not all I can do!"
Said The Mother Load...
"Look at me!
Look at me now!" said the broad.
"I can bathe Thing One & Thing Two,
Scrub them head to feet.
I'll do it all in my Prom dress and pearls
While missing nery a beat!"


"I can do even more!"
Said the Mother Load then.
"I can stand tall in my heels
And carry two things, or ten!"




"I am the Mom in the Prom," she said with a smile.
"I schlep their hula hoops, their books and their ball.
 I put away the milk, the rake and the clean clothes.
In my dress I try to do it all and walk tall!"


But don't forget The Mother Load is green.
Every Sunday evening she hoists her blue bin
And carries it to the curb
Because not recycling is the biggest sin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner