Friday, June 11, 2010

Tickled Pink Today With Holly of 504 Main

I am Tickled Pink about so many things I don't even know where to begin! I absolutely adore this Friday tradition that Holly over at 504 Main started a few months ago. Her recent post "Raw, Green, and Feeling Fab" inspired me on so many levels. In addition to being polished and published, Holly is a Green Gal who's really thinking about what she's eating lately. You should check her out, especially that particular post.

Anypink, on with my list!

First, I am Tickled Pink that I won Project Mommyhood's Top Mommy Blogger of the Year Contest! Thank you all so much for your votes, tweets, and support last week. Lesley emailed me to let me know, but she's been a little busy, what with her baby due in 5 weeks and the fact that her hubby just returned from his recent deployment to the Middle East. So stay tuned for further details and a more formal announcement.

I am also Tickled Pink to declare with great pride that since Earth Day in April, I have gone vegetarian. With the exception of eating fish a few times, I have had no meat at all. I'm considering eliminating fish as well. It all started when I watched Food, Inc. (please watch it, if even to just educate yourself). I am also reading Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals. I am really thinking about what I buy, eat, and feed my family. Because of Holly, I am going to try adding greens (spinach, kale, etc) to my morning fruit/protein smoothie. As of this morning, I'm down to 139.4 pounds, the lowest I've been in a loooooong time. I'm not sure if it's due to the new vegetarianism, doing Jillian's 30-Day Shred & Jazzercise, or eating healthier/greener. Probably a combination of all of it, but I'm thrilled!
I'm Tickled Pink that my compost tumbler is already half full and that my little herb garden is thriving. I also started one of those upside down tomato plant growers. If that works out, we will move on to bigger and better things! I also shipped out my Get Your Green On gift pack to the winner from Duck Fest. It was chock full of Envirosax, Beecology products, a reusable coffee cup, Yes To Carrots lip balm, some Twist dish scrubbies, and a few other GREEN things. So of course I had to use the cute lil button Deb and I have. Speaking of Deb, she's got a GREEN post up today too, so please visit Menopausal New Mom now!

I am Tickled Pink about the bloggers I've recently started following over the last several days/weeks. Please check them out and leave 'em some love:

Andie at Sweet, Southern, Spirited. ---she is sweet & Southern, takes amazing photos!

Bumpkin on a Swing --Gulf Coast Gal giving it to us straight about the oil spill.

The Grasshoppa Triplets Plus Two Momma --Smart Car stalker & Starbucks/Chapstick addict.

Francis over at This Inspires.Me I first knew her as @hipcop on Twitter. A total sweetheart.

Life Without Pink --Tina, a SAHM of two boys with lots of testosterone.

From Tracie --- Another Gulf Coast Girl, very passionate about the oil spill.

Nucking Futs Mama --hilarious mother of twins.First knew her as @nuckingfutsmama on Twitter.

I am also Tickled Pink to attend The Mommyologist's Prom on Monday, June 21, 2010. If you'd like to learn more about it or be my date (wink, wink), please read all about it here.  This prom is about those dresses that are smooshed and wrinkled up in the back of your closet. It's about proving that even though we're exhausted moms oft covered in snot, poop, and puke, we're still women underneath, and we're HAWT attractive. We don't value ourselves enough and we certainly don't consider ourselves sexy. But on Prom Night, I'm going to don that slinky dress from the dark recesses of my closet instead of hiding behind huge t-shirts, dirty jeans, and stained sweats. This will be my chance to show everyone that I clean up real good. And guess what? I'm not afraid to go stag. I don't need a date to this prom, I'm strong enough to stand alone Spanx and all. I'd be Tickled Pink if you'd join me and RSVP to Mary Mommyologist!

What are you Tickled Pink about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner