Monday, August 24, 2009

20 questions (or more)

My girls' favorite pastime of late is asking questions. They don't stop. Half the time they already know the answers. Or the answers are too long/complicated and I'm too tired to bother with them. At any rate, I decided to keep a running log of all the questions from one hour this afternoon. Bear in mind I have two daughters, so this list is a combination of both girls' questions. Please note that Izzy asked most of the first round of questions since she did not take a nap but her sister did. Also note that many questions begin with "Mommy," which is part of what drives me so batty. I shouldn't complain since there was a lengthy period of time when I wasn't sure I'd be able to become a mommy at all....nevertheless, here we go:




  1. Mommy, can I have my snack now? (not, not yet, not until Abby wakes up from her nap)

  2. Mommy, can I have my snack as soon as Abby wakes up?

  3. Mommy, can you put on some cartoons?

  4. Mommy, can I have some water? Can I bring it in the living room?

  5. Mommy, what are you doing?

  6. Mommy, where's Monster (our mini Poodle)?

  7. Mommy, can I have more water?
  8. Mommy, why does the water come out of the door on the fridge?

  9. Mommy, does Abby wear panties at nap time? (yes, and she already knows this. Izzy does not yet)

  10. Mommy, after Pinky Dinky Doo is over are more cartoons coming on?

  11. Mommy, when's Abby going to be awake?

  12. Mom, are you happy?

  13. Mom, are Abby & Izzy still 3 years old?

  14. Mommy, is your birthday still coming up soon?

  15. Mommy, what are bits? Are they little pieces?

  16. Tonight is somebody going to babysit for us?

  17. Mom, what are we going to have for dinner? (chicken)

  18. Mom, do you mean chicken nuggets? (NO!)

  19. Mommy, can I have a turn next? (we are baking banana cake together)

  20. Mommy, which way do we crack the eggs?

  21. Mommy, can I have another turn to mix it?

  22. Mommy, can I have a taste of it when it's done baking?

  23. Mom, when's it going to be done baking?

  24. Mom, is it 45 minutes yet?

  25. Mom, can you help me draw a big "I?"

  26. Mommy, do big girls write all their letters all by themselves?

  27. Mommy, are we big girls?

  28. Mom, are you so impressed?

  29. Mommy, do ted and red rhyme?

  30. Mommy, did I do a good job?

  31. Where are the peanut butter chips? (I'm cleaning up from our baking adventure)

  32. Mommy, will you play fairytale with me and you pretend to be the princess' dad, ok?

  33. Mom, is that new?

  34. Mom, can we take Monster for a walk now?

  35. Mommy, is the cake still baking?

  36. Mommy, when can I have some cake?
  37. Mom, why are you putting that knife in the cake? Are you cutting me some pieces?
  38. Mommy, do I have to eat all of my dinner before I can have some of that cake?
  39. Mommy, why are you doing that?
  40. Mom, when is Daddy going to be home?
  41. Mommy, why are your legs scratchy?
  42. Mom, do we get to skip a bath tonight?
  43. Mom, is it 45 minutes yet?
  44. Mom, are you and Daddy married?
  45. Mommy, did the doctor cut your tummy to get me and Abby out?
  46. Mom, did Abby come out first? Is Abby my big sister?
  47. Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy right now?
  48. Mom, do I have a baby in my tummy?
  49. Mommy, can I see the boo boo on your tummy?
  50. Mom, will you help me put my sock back on?

This was over an hour. So what is that, like almost one question per minute? Some of them, as you can tell, are rapid fire and came out in a rush all at once....so perhaps they should've counted as one question. Anyway, when I write this list out perhaps it's easy to see why I often lose my patience and occasionally ask my daughters for five minutes of peace and quiet.

But they don't get that. And then they just ask, "Mom, is five minutes over yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner