Monday, August 10, 2009

Why I love Sylvia Plath

I thought I'd share my favorite-est quote from The Bell Jar (a book that really made me fall in love with Sylvia Plath). Perhaps it will inspire you to read it?!?!



Suddenly, after I finished a poem, he said, "Esther, have you ever seen a man?"

The way he said it I knew he didn't mean a regular man or a man in general, I knew he meant a man naked. "No," I said. "Only statues."

"Well, don't you think you would like to see me?"

"Well, all right, I guess so," I said.

I stared at Buddy while he unzipped his chino pants and took them off and laid them on a chair and then took off his underpants that were made of something like nylon fishnet.

"They're cool," he explained, "and my mother says they wash easily."

Then he just stood there in front of me and I kept on staring at him. The only thing I could think of was turkey neck and turkey gizzards and I felt very depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner