Wednesday, October 7, 2009

update

I haven't had an awful lot to say, at least anything that is appropriate for sharing with the public. I am having a really rough time saying anything that isn't riddled with a ridiculous amount of profanity, and I definitely don't want to offend any of my new followers (I LOVE YOU!!). On the other hand, this is me, and if you don't like it, then you probably won't like my blog, either!

My husband is unable to do much. He can't help bathe the kids, he can't help them tie their shoes or put their socks on. He can't even put his OWN socks on, much to my chagrin. Thank G-d he can wipe his own tush, because if not we'd be in serious trouble. That is where I draw the line!! He can't serve himself a meal without making a total mess. He can't wash dishes, he can't put his own sling on.

The orthopedist he saw yesterday said at least two full weeks without operating on anyone, but in the interim he's seeing patients in the office for follow ups or to schedule surgeries for later on. Frankly I was incredulous when the doc said two weeks. He has to have repeat x-rays next week and then he'll begin physical therapy. If the bones have shifted any further this could change the prognosis...

I was able to escape for a Girls' Night Out Monday night (it had been on the books for a few weeks, so I wasn't about to cancel), but my mother-in-law had to come over to help him out with the kids while I was gone. I felt a little guilty, but I pushed it aside and went anyway.

My two good friends and I went out for sushi and had some wine. I got a text message from him during dinner that said, "Will you please get me some Milk of Magnesia on your way home?" A silver lining! He's constipated from all the pain meds. Serves him right I say. So I played the good wife and stopped at the grocery store at 9:30 on my way home. I got home and he was upstairs in bed. I started to pour him some of it and he said, "Nah, I don't want to take it tonight. I'll just wait til tomorrow morning."

I was LIVID. I wouldn't have even bothered. Get your own goddamn Milk of Magnesia next time. I had to stand in line and they had to do a price check and everything---I was mortified. And it wasn't even medicine for me. I made sure to complain loudly about my husband while I was waiting. I'm sure everyone thought I was a loon or just plain lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner