Monday, October 5, 2009

vent & lament

Can I just vent a sec?

Am I the only one whose purse reeks of tuna fish & peanut butter & jelly sammies? Am I the only one with goldfish cracker crumbs in every crevice of my pocketbook? Is there a large, unsightly wet spot on your bag from lugging around cold drinks? If you answered yes to any of these, it must mean that you, too, went to the movies recently and refused to pay those astronomical prices (it could also just mean you're a mother of several small children like I am!).

We were lucky enough to go at 1 p.m. (Hubby went with us since he was, A-HEM, unable to go to work today), so we got cheap early-bird tickets ($4 each). But drinks, popcorn, hot dogs, etc. are so ridiculously overpriced I can't stand it. So I plan ahead. We did splurge on some popcorn because that is the highlight of any trip to the movies, at least as far as the girls are concerned. But the rest? I packed it up in my purse. Sandwiches, Diet Coke for Hubby, water for me, Capri Sun Roarin' Waters for the girls. Some goldfish and napkins. My purse weighed a ton and I was afraid people would think my armpits smelled of tuna, not my purse.

Do you pack your own snacks when you go to the movies? We don't go very often, but I still can't justify it. I'm sure there will come a day when my children are quite embarrassed by this sort of thing, but until then, I'm going to have a purse that reeks of tuna fish sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner