Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Top 10 Beauty Buys (and 8 are under $20!)

Palmer's Leg Gloss $9 125g
There's a slight tint in this product so it evens out the skin tone and hides any blemishes and leaves a real airbrushed look.  I use it on my arms too.  I’m a rebel like that.

Lucas Paw Paw Ointment $5
Lucas is the go-to chap in a crisis as you can apparently use it for cuts, burns, chafing and pash-rash (ok that one was from me).  But, it's also the best lip gloss EVER.  It keeps crazy brows in shape.  It tones down pigment eye-shadow and mixes pefectly with powdered blush for a dewy look. 

The bottom line is they could triple their price and still sell as much.


ModelCo Cheek & Eye $34
I try every single product that claims to have more than one use as I'm always trying to streamline my makeup bag for travel.  I love this stuff - it’s more of a stain than a tint and you only need the tiniest bit.  I use on cheeks, lips and even eyelids. 

Nivea Gentle Care Facial Wipes $8
Why are hangovers so much worse if you don't wash your makeup off?  Even when I stagger home missing a shoe at 4am, I force myself to use one of these.  They take off makeup easily and are soooo gentle.  Hair of the dog and normal skin care routine tomorrow.
 

Klorane Dry Shampoo $14.50
I don’t like to use a lot of heat on my overly processed blond hair, so I try and make a blow dry last a week.  By day 4 it’s stretching the friendship, but with this product I make it.  Just lift up the hair in sections and spray on the roots and it instantly freshens.



MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder $32
So this is a bit more than I usually like to spend on makeup but worth every penny.  I used to struggle with the smoky eye look, but with this pencil it's so easy!  Just randomly scribble on your eyelid and then just blend back and forth with an eyeshadow brush until it looks smoky.  It’s foolproof.

Natio Eye Definer in Onyz $12                                                                                 
Why don’t more people know about this product?  It’s another double act – eye definer and eyshadow.  Use in place of an eye-liner, and then for a dramatic smoky eye, use MAC kohl as above and then use this as a shadow and blend into the crease and it’s like smoky eye on steroids!  Another one for the travel bag. 

St Tropez Bronzing Lotion $44
So if done right, this is better than a spray tan.  Layer on really thick, rub in but don't rub offIt should look like you are totally covered but it’s still a thick dark brown, it’s not meant to look even.  Wait until you dry and then go to bed.  Shower lightly in the morning, don’t scrub.  The water coming off you will be a murky brown colour.  You will be left stained a beautiful natural bronze colour.
(Use above method at own risk...)

Australis Eye-Brow pencil in dark brown $11
Don’t underestimate the power of the brow!  I never knew it until recently when I had a ‘natural’ makeup done for a magazine shoot.  The artist drew on a strong brow, which worried me as Im blonde and the most attention I’ve ever paid to my brows was to stop them before they grew down my nose.  But the photos were AMAZING and it’s now the first thing I do.  Honestly, try it.



Face of Australia Lip Liner $7
This is the creamiest lip liner ever.  No need for lipstick, it’s so simple – just line your lips with crayon-y feeling beauty and then smudge.  Add a bit of gloss (or Lucas pawpaw) and lips are flawless.  I use ‘perfect pink’ as it complements a smoky eye perfectly. 


You're welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner