Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Valentino Tastes on a Valleygirl Budget...

I love fashion like 99% of girls, but my love is the burning, passionate, almost indecent kind. I can't get enough of it. I love trying to recreate the looks on the pages of the magazines (even if I do, at times, look ridiculous). Love does crazy things to you. Why else would I make my size 12 arse appear even bigger in harem pants? My calves larger in gladiators? It's a disease for which there is no cure.

I've cried in Chanel and thrown a tantrum in Witchery. When my car broke down, I walked to work for a fortnight and bought Sass & Bide Black Rats instead of getting the car fixed. I spent an entire day at the Prada outlet in Florence smelling the shoes, then backpacked for another 6 weeks with a pair of hot pink spike heels piercing me. I have 31 pairs of jeans. THIRTY-ONE. And I'm still searching for that perfect pair. I am totally and utterly a fashion victim. Unashamedly.

With a frugal husband this is not the best passion to have, however I have become somewhat a master at what I like to call Valentino tastes on a Valleygirl budget. Its reckon it's easy and fun to try and create the latest looks on minimal cash. 

So this is my outlet for all things fashion, beauty and pop culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner