Monday, October 25, 2010

Wedding Redux, or, My Husband Agrees To Marry Me a Second Time.

Many of you have heard about the fundraiser The Father Load and I participated in last night called The Sasone Wedding.  Sasone is an organization that benefits Jewish children with special needs. Part of the evening included a "wedding," wherein a couple from each synagogue in Kansas City (so seven couples altogether) renewed their vows. Guests made donations to Sasone in lieu of buying the couples gifts. If you'd like to learn more about Sasone, please go here.

In short, it was a lovely evening for a good cause and I have to give a shout out to my Matron of Honor, Anne, and The Father Load's Best Man, David. They both did a great job. David's wife, Tiffany, made sure to take many incriminating photos throughout the night, some of which I will be sharing and the rest will promptly be deleted.

Here's my dress:

David's Bridal $99 special. No lie.

Perhaps it looks prettier on the hanger.

A little something blue from Victoria's Secret from my sweet Matron of Honor, Anne.

A little support for the "girls." Didn't need these last time because I
had falsies sewn into my wedding gown.

Bling from Ann Taylor. My wedding gift to myself.
OPI nail polish = Miso Happy With This Color


A box of treasures my next door neighbor, Jami, brought me to
help me accessorize for the evening! Purses, jewelry,
and a very sweet card!

Sadly, The Father Load has a habit of closing his eyes in many photos.
But here's a back view where you can see my side bun
that I did myself, & the back of my dress.
Pink flower belt in hair by J. Crew.
Oh, and Hubs in his Banana Republic suit.

 Being goofy. Oh, and why didn't anyone tell me about Fashion Tape
before last night? I could've used some. A-hem.
Before the ceremony, standing in front of the chuppah.

My Matron of Honor, Anne, me, The Father Load, & his Best Man, David.
David gave the most touching speech and we were so moved by his beautiful
tribute to us and our girls. Thank you, David! Kudos to David
& Tiffany for spending an evening with a bunch of Jews! LOL

We had our own cake, screened with a photo from our original wedding.
We thought it came out pretty nicely. And it sure tasted good!

I needed a little booze because I had cold feet.
I wasn't sure I could marry The Father Load the first time,
let alone a second time. Sheesh. I kid, I kid!

Just before we walked down the aisle. Cool because in the background
you can see part of the slide show---and the photo is of all of us,
but you can only see The Father Load holding Baby Izzy.
Getting ready to walk down the aisle for the second time.
I don't know how to fix red eye, so shut it.

This is all of us standing under the chuppah during the ceremony.
I know it's dark. I don't know how to fix it. Sue me.


So there you have it, folks. My second Jewish wedding. L'chaim!

I think we need to put the "fun" back into FUNdraisers!
What organizations do you like to support?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner